APPLICATIONS ARE OPENEXCOLO
: a game of the battle between good and evil (and all the people somewhere in the middle who are just trying to get by), of gods-come-walking and fairytales made flesh, of what happens after
Three years, 1,627 entries, 41,753 comments, over fifty active characters
on, Excolo is one of the most enduring roleplaying games on livejournal! Yeah, it's a slightly intimidating thing to join. But also pretty amazing - not many livejournal games last this long or have such a solid group of players! And we're always looking for new friends. (Please note that this game contains strong
adult content - you're never required to write any, of course, but for this reason all players must be over 18.) You can read a quick bit of background on the game here
The game began inspired by The Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
. We've moved on a lot since those days, but we still ask that you choose a perfume as inspiration for your character, however loose!
If you're interested in joining, check the character directory
first. Since this is a well-established game, we have a diverse range of characters, and I'd like to add to that. Here are some roles that would be usefully filled:
- The abbey, in service to goddessnanshe
(click her profile for info), always welcomes new monks and nuns. A peaceful place, the abbey is mostly self-sufficient so characters with useful skills are welcome. The abbey is an open community so there are plenty of opportunities to mix with the town.
- The Saturday market always needs more traders: all kinds of produce and handcrafted goods considered.
- Market traders could be doubled up with local farmers, coming in to sell their wares.
- We have a now-NPC postal service - this is a post-rider service between towns rather than in Excolo itself, since the town isn't really big enough to need door-to-door delivery. It would be nice to have a played character to act as a new employee - good horsemanship & being fast draw with a pistol (the roads can get dangerous) are essential.
- And how about a gardener? There must be a crew that maintains the town park... It's spring in game and I'm sure there's lots to be done.
- Clerks/secretaries for the town hall.
- Someone to take over the woodwork shop.
- We have a dragon worshipping cult! New members welcome.
We're totally open to other ideas, but it is a good idea to have some kind of notion of what your character could do in town. Excolo is a small place (though big by post-apocalypse standards), and though it has electricity it's not a high tech kinda town. We have quite a few powerful characters now, so all I'll say is that we'd prefer supernatural powers to be relatively low key. I'm willing to consider gods if they have diminished powers. I'm not really very interested in adding more "creatures of the night" to the mix. Morally nuanced characters are always more interesting than outright good/bad guys! We have no need for more prostitutes. And everyone in Excolo is pretty gorgeous, so a being!sexy! superpower won't get you all that far. Other than that, knock yourselves out and fill out this form:
Your LJ name:
The character/s you currently play, if any:
Your claimed perfume:
Strengths and weaknesses:
How do you see this character fitting in to the game?:
No experience in roleplaying is necessary - for many Excoloers this was the first time they'd done anything like this! If you can write relatively decently, aren't going to apply with a Mary Sue
, and above all want to have fun playing with others, apply away! And ask any questions if anything's not clear. Looking forward to hearing from you!